a little something extra

a little something extra

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day Off

So I took a day off from work, only to be a total SLAVE at home!

My plan for the day:

sleep in--check
leisurely breakfast--check
read for a couple hours...

Here I deviated.

What I did today:

laundry, 3 loads
emptied, filled, and emptied dishwasher
changed sheets
cleaned up various kitty-related messes
alphabetized and filed apx 500 cassette tapes  for our business

How does this take up an entire day?

At least I had a couple of cups of excellent coffee for fuel and Hubby and I went out for dinner, wood-fired hamburger and home-made potato chips...YUM!

I'm off for the next three days, we'll see if I actually sit down and rest.

xx

trish

4 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Yay!!!! Have a great time off!!! I think lists are good but not as good as doing stuff not on the list!! LOL!! Enjoy!! Take care
x

Kea said...

I hope you do get a bit of "down" time. I usually find I work harder at home that the office. Ha. And most of it is cat-related work! So I can't imagine the workload for 13 cats, Trish, when just three take so much time.

Pip said...

I agree with Kim... I spend a lot of time taking care of my 2 kitties.
But now that you have the big stuff out of the way, hopefully you can take some time for you!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

When I was working anytime I took off it seemed I worked harder .... going back to work was a vacation!
I hope you give yourself some "me" time Trish!